Teaching English as a Foreign Language
The certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) from the Department of Linguistics at Ohio University is designed for individuals planning to teach English internationally. Course content provides a foundation in the study and analysis of language components, learning theories, classroom methodologies, and lesson planning, culminating in a teaching practicum with trained supervisors.
Options are available for students enrolled at Ohio University as well as for individuals not associated with the university who wish to complete the certificate independently.
- LING 1010: ONLINE GRAMMAR MODULE
- LING 3500/5500: INTRODUCTION TO LINGUISTICS
- LING 4750/5750: LANGUAGE LEARNING
- LING 4800/5800: METHODS AND MATERIALS IN TEFL
- LING 4920/5920: LANGUAGE TEACHING PRACTICUM
For More Information, Contact:
Dr. Michelle O’Malley (Program Director)
Tel: office (740)593-4321
Department of Linguistics, 383 Gordy Hall
Tel: (740)593-4564 / Fax: (740)593-2967