Welcome to week 15 of the OPIE Zone.
Important Testing Dates
|Test||Date||Location & Time||Students|
|Composition||Tues, Dec. 3||In your Core during class time||All OPIE students|
|English Placement||Fri, Dec. 6||Gordy 101 at 9:40 a.m.||Elementary and Intermediate
*Regular classes will resume at 11:50 a.m.
|TOEFL||Sat, Dec. 7||Gordy 301 at 10:00 a.m.||Recommended for Advanced and Bridge Levels but available to all OPIE students|
|* Please arrive early and do not bring your cellphone, bag, or smart watch to the EPT or TOEFL test. Students should bring a photo ID to the English Placement and TOEFL tests.|
The Fall 2019 End-of Semester Reports for all OPIE students will be available online beginning at 8 am on Thursday, December 12, 2018. These reports include information about credit, progress, grades, test scores, and placement for the next semester. Please go to tinyurl.com/myopiereport for more information!
Tips for Success on Test Day
- Dress comfortably for any room temperature. Eat a good breakfast.
- Arrive at the test center at least 30 minutes early.
- Follow directions carefully to avoid wasting time.
- Do not panic. Concentrate on the task in front of you. Do not think about questions you have already answered.
- Do not spend too much time on one question.
- Do not leave questions blank. If you are not sure of the answer, make the best possible choice.
- Pace yourself to answer every question and avoid rushing at the end.
ETS TOEFL Website: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/prepare/tips/).
Housing information for Winter Break:
This and more information available at https://www.ohio.edu/housing
- All Ohio University residence halls will officially close on Friday, December 13 at 8:00 PM. Students must vacate their residence hall within 24 hours of their last exam or by 8:00 PM Friday, December 13, whichever comes first. Students with a Friday exam, graduating, or working the commencement ceremony may request a one-night extension checking out no later than 8:00 PM on Saturday, December 14.
- Students needing to remain on campus for any portion of Winter Break can elect to stay in Interim Housing. Interim Housing is available from Saturday, December 14 through Wednesday, January 8 at which point the spring semester housing contract will be in effect.
How do I make a reservation?
Visit: www.ohio.edu/myhousing, click on the ‘Applications’ tab, and select “Winter Break Housing Request” application. The cost for interim housing is $30/night, $125/week or $400/month and will be charged directly to the student’s account.