Speed up Your Path to Academic Study at Ohio University, one of America’s historical universities!
• 9-Week Accelerated Program
• Prepares You for University Academic Study
• Five Hours Daily (M-F) of Academic English Classes
• Sample Classes include, Reading & Writing for Academic Purposes, Oral Communication for the Academic Classroom, Techniques for Gathering & Evaluating Research Information, and Understanding American Culture
• Access to Supplemental Pronunciation and Writing Tutorial Sessions
• Two Weekend Cultural Trips
• June 10-Aug. 9, 2019 (9-week-program)
• IELTS 5.5 (band scores > 5.5) or TOEFL iBT >62 (section scores > 14); ITP score of 500; OPIE composition score =5).
• Completion of Program with an overall grade of B-.
• For those students, who fail to achieve a B- grade, they have two options:
a) achieve a score of 520 on the Institutional TOEFL given prior to the start of Fall semester with an OPIE writing score of 5.
b) attend one semester of University Success Pathway Program 2, where a student can take 9 academic credits while receiving 8 hours of academic support classes.
Benefits of Program
• Begin Your Academic Classes after an Accelerated English Program. Save Time & Money.
• Access to Pronunciation and writing tutors in addition to classes.
• Language & Adjustment Advisor & Learning Community During Your First Academic Semester
• All Classes Taught by Experienced, Trained Faculty with Master’s Degree in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
• Live on campus in an Ohio University Residence Hall
• Access to All Ohio University Facilities
Summer 2019 Cost
$7,253 (tuition & university fees) + $3,500 (university residence hall double occupancy room + 20 meals per week for 9 weeks) + $500 (estimated health insurance) + $1,325 (estimated personal spending money for 9 weeks). TOTAL (9 Weeks): $12,578
* based on renovated double-room and 20 meal plan. Other room types and meal plans available.